Monday, January 27, 2014

Organized: Our Junk Drawer

Hey Guys!
Today I wanted to share with you a quick organizing project that I tackled. As with most homes, we have a junk drawer. Ours is in our kitchen. It was driving me CRAZY so I decided to make our junk drawer look a little less junky.
 
 
This was our junk drawer before. As you can tell everything was just mixed together. I couldn't find anything when I was looking for it. My first step was taking everything out of the rawer, sort it all into categories and throw away all of the trash. Next I wiped out the inside of the drawer. Then on to the fun part, containers!
 
 
I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this, so I went to my favorite store ever: Dollar Tree. I spent $5 on some lime green containers. I didn't even use all of them for this project. Once I laid them all out, I put my sorted items into the containers that fit them best. Once that was done, I fit the containers in the drawer the way they fit the best.
 
 
My categories were: Extra kitchen utensils, random tools, nails/screws, office, random. batteries, candles and lighters. Of course you can use whatever categories you need. The last step is to enjoy your work. :)
 
 
Do you have a junk drawer in your house? If so, is it organized or more organized chaos? What was your last organizing project? Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-

-