Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review: Divergent

Hey Guys! Today I wanted to talk to you about a book that I became OBSESSED with. I have wanted to see the movie Divergent (it comes out in March) since I first started hearing about it. Mostly because it has Shailene Woodley in it, but also because it looked like it was going to be action filled and really entertaining.

I decided a few weeks ago that I should probably read the book first. In my experience, reading the book before watching the movie has always helped me understand parts that the movie left out, but that are kind of relevant. Sometimes, this makes the movie seem not as good in comparison, but I feel like this won't be the case with Divergent.




I bought Divergent on Amazon for my Kindle. It was $4.99, which is a great deal. I bought it on Friday and immediately started reading it. I only read it at work (except for Monday when I read it because I was so excited to see what happens) and finished it in four days (remember only reading a few hours a day, but I could have sat and read it all in one sitting).

Divergent was written by Veronica Roth and is similar to The Hunger Games. It is set in the future in Chicago, at which point the city is divided into five different factions. At 16, the characters have to decide which faction they want to become a part of and go through initiation. The book follows Beatrice, or Tris, as she goes through her initiation. If you want to read more about the plot of the book, you can do so here.

I loved this book. I can't even think of one bad thing about this book. There is action and romance. It is written so well that you can easily picture everything that is happening. It is just a very well written book. I love Tris and really related with her character in several ways. It was easy to put myself into the book and feel what was going on. Veronica is an amazing writer and I cannot wait to start reading Insurgent which is the second book in the trilogy.

If you enjoyed The Hunger Games, I definitely suggest you try this trilogy! I haven't read The Hunger Games but I absolutely loved Divergent. If you like action books, then this is the book for you! I really recommend it!

Have you read Divergent? If so what did you think of it? Are you planning on seeing the movie? Let me know what you think in the comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-

-