Thursday, February 27, 2014

Top 5 Thursday: Favorite Jumbo Lip Sticks


Hey Guys! Welcome back to Top 5 Thursday! Today is all about jumbo lip stick pencils. These are all the rage now. Every brand has a jumbo lip stick pencil. I obviously haven't tried them all (I heard Jordana has one that is amazing but I haven't purchased one yet). These are the favorites out of my collection.

The first one is the E.L.F. Matte Lip Color. I own two of these. I have Coral and Rich Red. I really enjoy both of them. They don't really appear very matte to me, but they aren't glossy either. It doesn't matter to me though, they go on smooth and they last a good bit of time on my lips. They don't dry out my lips. I just really enjoy them. I am definitely considering placing an order for more colors.

Next is from Neutrogena. It is the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick. I have it in Bright Berry. To talk about the formula first, it is amazing. It goes on so incredibly smooth and is super comfortable on your lips. It is very moisturizing. And this particular color I love because it is bright without being over the top. I think it would work really well on just about any skin tone.

Covergirl has the Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. I have the color #260. I believe this color may have been discontinued in stores, which is really sad because I feel like it is a purple that most skin tones could pull off. As far as the formula, it is really glossy (who would have guessed by the name right?). I love the amount of shine that it gives off. It is another really comfortable one that feels pretty moisturizing on my lips.

The next one is another one from E.L.F. It is the Essential Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick. This one is VERY similar to the Covergirl one. It has that same glossy shine to it, though it isn't quite as glossy as the Covergirl. It feels almost exactly the same on my lips. The difference with this one is that it kind of has a minty smell. I enjoy the smell and don't find it to be really over powering. The color I have is Pink Umbrellas. I really like this color especially for a light makeup day. It kind of has that your lips but better look.

The last one is a new one from NYC called City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color. This one has almost a sweet scent to it, but again it isn't very over powering. I don't notice it once I put it on my lips. This one is glossy as well. It is very pigmented (I have tried three different colors and they were all really pigmented). I really like the way these feel on my lips and how comfortable they are to wear. I have two colors, but my favorite one is Brooklyn Brown Stone. It is the perfect nude color for me (I tried another nude one they had but it was way too light on me).

Ok guys, have you ever tried a jumbo lip stick? If so what brand was it? Did you enjoy it, or do you prefer a traditional lipstick? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

-

-