Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Grocery Haul!

Hey Guys! Today I wanted to share a grocery haul with you. This was not a regular grocery trip. We have been couponing a bit and trying to build a small stock pile. Today I went to Publix just to grab the Oscar Mayer lunch meat for the BOGO sale (our Publix sales run Wed.-Tues. here). And I found a few other good deals so I went ahead and picked them up. Here is what I got!
 
The first thing I got was Kibbles N Bits. This wasn't on sale and I didn't have a coupon (sadly) but Cooper has not been enjoying the food we got him previously, so we decided to go ahead and buy this kind that he loves and give the other bag away. I paid $4.99 for this.

When I first walked into the store I saw the sign for the chicken breast as a BOGO. If you aren't aware, Publix BOGO actually just makes each item half price. One pack of my chicken breast was regular $6.98 and the other was $7.34. I ended up paying about $3.49 and $3.67 for them.

This was what I actually went into the store for! The one pound packages of Oscar Mayer turkey meat (they also had ham). I got the rotisserie and cracked black pepper flavors. These are regularly priced at $6.49. I paid $3.24 a piece for them. And the bonus was that there was a $1.00 off two coupon in the newspaper this week. So I ended up paying about $2.75 a piece.

I also saw these when I first walked in the door. I have been trying to find a dessert option for after dinner that didn't have as many calories as the Reese's cups I have been addicted to. These were also on sale BOGO, regularly priced at $3.59. So I paid $1.80 a piece for these. I got the brownie and the chocolate muffin varieties. They each had 4 a piece.

I also picked up a bit of baby food. Matthew loves the baby food fruits and eats them every morning with breakfast. Publix is one of the places that sales it the cheapest so I picked up a few packs. They go for $0.99 there. Matthew picked out the banana berry, pear and pineapple and Hawaiian delight flavors.

And lastly, I picked up 3 pounds of Jennie-O turkey. This was regular priced at $9.99 but I had a $2.00 off coupon for it!
 
I ended up spending $35.02 for everything. It was a little more than I went in planning to spend, but I feel like I did get a few deals, and we have food for a while. I saved $17.22 in sale prices plus my $3.00 in coupons. Meaning I saved $20.22 which is about 35%.
 
So what have you gotten at the grocery store recently? Any good deals? Do you like posts like these? Let me know in the comments and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

-

-